quinta-feira, 12 de setembro de 2013

TELL A STORY | A VAN FULL OF STORIES IN THE STREETS OF LISBON

| EN





«I´m a van selling Portuguese tales and poems, from consecrated Portuguese authors, translated into several languages.

Usually I move through the old Lisbon neighborhoods.

Full of wisdom with all my books.  I have so many stories to tell!!!

I already have 38 years which is an advanced age for a minivan. I was retired, resting between Alenquer floodplains, until someone found me and decided to give me a new life.

After a facelift I feel rejuvenated and even attractive. So many people always observing me and taking pictures. 

My style is Hippie Chic and my name… "Tell a Story

 


A 1975 Renault Estafette strolling through the streets of Lisbon. selling books from consecrated Portuguese authors, translated into several languages.
 
The goal is to promote great Portuguese writers to our visitors, especially foreigners.
 
 
"People buy. Sometimes they sit on the garden benches and only go away when they finish reading the whole book, "says Domingo Cruz, the project leader.



"Tell a Story" is a joyful and funny idea which leads people to the discovery of Portuguese authors like Fernando Pessoa, Eça de Queiroz, José Saramago, Sophia de Mello Breyner or even António Lobo Antunes, all translated in several languages.


So do not be surprised if you find this Blue Renault van in Príncipe Real, Jerónimos, São Pedro de Alcântara, Estrela or Santa Apolonia district.

Go there and buy a book!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário